Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Raw Mango Pie

 

I think that mangoes are my favorite food! This awesome and super easy pie was a new way for me to enjoy eating them! The mango flavor blended so beautifully with nutty, sweet crust! I found the recipe here: http://www.squidoo.com/EasyRawFoodRecipesforKids#module67357651

I made a few changes. First, I used fresh mangoes.
2 mangoes - place into blender with a little bit of water and puree until smoothe.
Because mine weren't all the way ripe and I love sweetness, I added just a little bit of raw coconut sugar to the puree.

For the crust - 3/4 cup raw walnuts, 3/4 cup raw almonds, 3/4 cup dates (you can add a little coconut sugar here, too, if you want it sweeter.
Place into blender or food processor and chop until they are in small pieces.
Press the nut/date mixture into a pie or cake pan.
Add the mango puree on top.
Refrigerate and and enjoy for a wonderful, summer, delicious dessert!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment