Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Almond Milk

 

Making almond milk is so easy! And it tastes so much better than the kind you can buy at the store, which has so many added ingredients. I followed the recipe in the book, Fresh, by Sergei and Valya Boutenko. This book is incredible and I would recommed it to anyone, especially if you have kids. My son loved this milk! And the fun part is that you have almond pulp left over afterward that you can make into cookies or crackers or pate or cakes. There are recipes for them in the book, too. Here is all you need to do to make this delicious drink (from the book Fresh, page 151):
Soak three cups of almonds overnight
Drain the water from the almonds in the morning
Take half and put into blender along with 4 cups of distilled water (I used spring water). Blend for 3 mins or until smooth. Strain the mixture (I used a nut milk bag, totally worth the 8 bucks I spent on it). Pour the strained nut milk back into the blender and add 3 dates and 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Blend again until smooth.
Pour into a pitcher. Then, do the whole process again for the other half of the almonds along with the same amounts of other ingredients. If you have a giant blender, I supposed you could do the whole thing at once, but I had to break it up into two groups.
This is delicious room temperature or cold. I could drink the entire pitcher right up. You could use raw honey for the dates if preferred. I love it with the dates! Sweet and creamy and delish! My son ate it with some raw oats and thought it was great.
You can use almond milk in anyway you would use any other kind of milk.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment