Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Balsamic Beets

I have never been a big beet eater, but this recipe really has won me over!  Delicious!  I actually bought three large beets at the store.  The first, I juiced and drank.  That was OK.  The second, I cut up and ate raw with a salad.  Also, OK.  The last one, I cooked and oh boy was it good!  Beets have so many healthful qualities and I am glad that there are so many ways to enjoy them.

Ingredients:
Red beets
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Sea Salt

Directions:
Cut off stems and peel however many beets you want to cook.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place beet(s) in an oven safe dish with 1/2 - an inch of water and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
Cook in oven for 45 mins - an hour until soft enough to poke a fork through.
Remove from oven and dump out water or change beets to another bowl.
Pour some balsamic vinegar over them, followed by a generous amount of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment