Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snacks That Someone Else Made

 
My son has always been a very picky eater, so I understand when other parents say how they would like to feed their children more healthy foods, but they won't eat it. My son only used to eat wheat and dairy products, which of course, is typical of kids who have gut issues and are addicted to the opiate reaction their bodies produce when they eat wheat and dairy. So, once we took those foods out of his diet, he had no choice except to eat other foods. Here are a few healthy types of snacks that we like to eat. Remember that most non-organic corn products are made with GMO corn, and many packaged "gluten free" foods are made from non-organic corn. So, if you buy a corn product, make sure it is organic. These Inka plantain chips taste like potato chips and are so yummy. My son calls these sprouted sunflower seeds from Kaia foods, "Pizza seeds" because they have garlic, which reminds him of pizza. I like to dehydrate fruits in my dehyrator, but I don't always have time, so it was nice to find these apples from Bare Fruits.
 
I have to special order the Organic Just Peas, but it's worth it because my son absolutely loves them. We recently discovered these Spinny Chips, which are made with organic corn and organic spinach. Hey, if you are going to have a chip, you might as well add some extra nutrition to it. The most difficult thing for me while we were doing the SCD was that we couldn't buy much of anything that was prepackaged. My heart goes out to those who are working hard to do this healing diet for themselves and their children - it's worth it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment