Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grain Free Pizza Crusts

 
In order to eat foods, which vibrate in harmony with ourselves, we really need to eat things that we like. However, the beautiful thing is that there are so many choices of ingredients out there that a person can make just about anything that they want and still be honoring of what they need in order to thrive.
It's only recently that I have started to make my own recipes for foods instead of borrowing other people's. I am so grateful to all of the amazing women out there whose blogs I have looked at for ideas for so long. It is because of them that I have found the confidence in myself to create my own! So, today I am happy to share my grain free/egg free pizza crust. I had been searching for a recipe, but couldn't find one that didn't have eggs, so I made it up! This was the pizza for my son as it fits his dietary needs right now. Here are the basics of what I did:

Grain Free/Egg Free Pizza Crust:

1 cup of blanched almond flour
1/3 cup of garbanzo bean flour
1/4 tsp aluminum free baking soda
dash of salt
about 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and basil
garlic powder or fresh garlic (use to your liking)
enough almond milk to make a doughy consistency
1.5 tsp of chia seeds ground into a flour, then mixed with some water and allowed to sit for a few minutes to form a gel (this is the egg replacer)

Preheat oven to 375
Mix everything together in a bowl and then spread it out into a pizza shape on a piece of greased parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Allow to bake until bottom feels firm and inside isn't gooey.
Spread tomato sauce on top, and top with whatever else you like (we used Daiya cheese today)
Bake until for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
You could replace the garbanzo bean flour with another kind of flour. I think that the extra flour helped to hold it together better than when I've tried to make this with just almond flour alone.
 
Then, I made another crust for me since I resonate better with coconut flour than almond flour. This one I did get from a recipe online at Tropical Traditions for Coconut Flour Pizza Crust. It was delicious! I topped mine with tomato sauce, mushrooms, and cheddar Daiya cheese. Normally, we wouldn't eat the Daiya cheese, since it isn't loaded with much nutrition, but today was a special occasion for my son, so we celebrated with a "cheese" topping.
 
The best part of the experience - my son loved his pizza!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment