Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baking for the Road Trip

 
We just moved to Florida and it was a two day drive. I spent an entire cooking and baking to prepare for our trip. Here are some of my favorite creations. This was supposed to be coconut/almond flour blueberry muffins, but I made it in a cake pan. I got the recipe here: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/recipe_Blackberry_Streusel_Muffins.htm I substituted agave for the maple syrup, since I do better with agave. It was delicious and very filling!
 
I also made my favorite coconut flour pumpkin muffins. These are wonderful if you are on the Low Oxalate Diet. I ate them almost everyday while I was on it. Here is the recipe: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/recipe_Gluten_Free_Pumpkin_Muffins.htm I use agave and I sub baking soda for baking powder. If you are doing Low Oxalate, you would leave out the cinammon and the cloves and only use nutmeg. They are still delicious like this!
 
And for my son, these wonderful grain free cinammon bagels. I use this recipe from Kelly at Spunky Coconut and I substitute about a 1/4 mashed banana for the sweetner. http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2010/01/onion-poppy-seed-bagels-cinnamon-raisin.html He prefers them without raisins (I love them with raisins, though!)
I also made my almond/garbanzo bean flour pizza crust for him for the trip and he loves to eat it plain. We call it foccacia! Between the baked goods, Larabars, hummus, nuts, and dried fruits and veggies, we made it through our road trip without having to stop for food or snacks.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a great resource your blog is!! Thank you for sharing the recipes that you have found...this post in particular interests me as these are some new things we have not tried yet.

    Many blessings to you!
    Camille
    (My son is on the SCD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Camille! I am so happy that this was helpful!
    Many blessings to you and your son, too!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete