Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kelp Noodles with Peanut Sauce and Veggies

 
Before I learned to trust myself in the kitchen, I would not have been able to create the delicious dinner I had tonight. If you love Thai food like I do, and don't eat out for health reasons, this is like heaven! We are moving in a few days, so I'm trying to eat up what we have in the house. I eat asparagus really often because it is a low oxalate vegetable and also is a great food source of glutathione. Since this is the first time I made the sauce, I don't have the exact measurements of all of the ingredients. I had to keep tasting it and adjusting as I went along. But, if you want to make your own, here are the ingredients I used:

2 scoops of peanut butter
Organic, wheat free, low sodium tamari sauce (I only use organic soy products because 90% of soy is genetically modified.) - you only need a little bit of this to your liking
agave nectar (I have a sweet tooth!)
garlic powder
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
unsweetened organic coconut milk

Heat them on low in a sauce pan until everything is combined and has the right consistency that you like (you can add more agave to make it sweeter, more coconut milk to make it thinner, etc.) I have learned not to be afraid to taste as I go and to modify and make changes as I go, too. I'm so glad because it didn't taste good at all at first, and then I realized that adding coconut milk instead of more tamari would make it much better, and it did!!
Then, add some kelp noodles and let them sit in the sauce on low heat for a few minutes until they are soft.

You can add any veggies that you like. You can steam or saute them first, or just use them raw.

Mix it all together, and enjoy! My tummy and my mouth are both very satisfied now!
 
These kelp noodles are wonderful! I order them online at http://www.kelpnoodles.com They are raw, and you don't even have to cook them. I like them right out of the bag, they have a tiny bit of a crunchy texture, and they are also yummy if you cook them over low heat where they get really soft, which is what I did today. These are a treat for anyone gluten or grain free because you can eat them like spaghetti noodles if you add pasta sauce.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment