Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grain Free, Vegan Pizza

I have posted an almond flour crust here before. Now that I make my own almond milk, I save the pulp and dehydrate it to make my own organic almond flour. It has a darker color than the blanched almond flour I used to buy, but still tastes great. If you do make your own, all you have to do is save it in the freezer until you are ready to use it, and then put it in the blender to break it up into a flour consistency. It's ok if it's not perfectly smooth feeling, it will still work great.
So, I used these simple ingredients for the crust:
Almond flour
Sea Salt
Ground chia seeds mixed with some water (as an egg replacer and binder)
Water
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Basil

Directions:
Mix together adding just enough water so that you get a doughy consistency. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 until the crust feels firm. You could do this in a dehydrator, but I was so hungry and wanted it that day. Add your toppings.
I used Daiya cheese, (but it would have been good without any cheese), sauce, portabella mushroom, and yellow onion, and bake for a few minutes until veggies are cooked and cheese is melted. I added some spinach leaves in the last two minutes and drizzled them with coconut oil. This was sublime!

No comments:

Post a Comment