Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Friday, March 25, 2011

GMO Awareness/Rally For The Right To Know

Tomorrow is a special day! There will be rallies across the country to raise awareness of Monsanto's GMOs and a chance for people to state that we have the right to know if the food we are buying is genetically modified. I am thrilled that there is a rally where I live and I am excited to be attending and taking my son with me. Sometimes both of feel so alone in our beliefs about food. This will be a good chance for us to connect with other people who care about this issue. GMOs are not "harmonic foods" and I work diligently to avoid eating them or feeding them to my son. I get frustrated when I see something on the shelf made with canola oil. Like these awesome lentil chips that he likes to eat. Is the canola oil GMO free? We don't know because it's not labelled. And when I want to buy cheese for him. Is it rBGH and antibiotic free? Who knows??? Today, as he was having his NRG Immune Enhancement System allergy/sensitivity laser treatment, I thought of Robyn O'Brien and all of the children she is a voice for who have food allergies and sensitivities, and the adults who are sick with cancer and other dis-eases. I alwasy tried to feed him healthy foods, but I only found out the truth about GMOs about a year ago. Corn, canola oil, soybeans - these things are marketed as healthy, but if they are not organic, they are most likely genetically modified. That means that the seeds of the food itself contain insecticides. And the dairy contains growth hormones and antibiotics. If chickens are eating corn, then the meat you eat is also contaminated. These GMOs have only been in our food supply since the 1990's and they have never been tested or deemed as safe for human consumption. Most are banned in other countries. The United States has got to step it up and get on board with keeping its citizens healthy! Say no to GMOs and help to spread the word that we want our food to be labelled! The only way to tell if corn, soy, canola, dairy, and sugar is GMO free right now is if it is labeled organic. A big thanks to organic farmers for staying strong and working hard to provide natural, healthy foods for us to feed ourselves and our children.
Check out the amazing and inspirational Robyn O'Brien here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA
And click on the title at the top of this post for a link to a rally near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment