Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Split Pea Soup - Low Salicylate

 
As of today, the Low Salicylate Diet as begun for me. I think that my body has sufficiently healed from the oxalate problem and now I am onto clearing out the salicylates that have built up in there and that I am so sensitive to. If you haven't heard of this type of diet, you can visit the Feingold Association www.feingold.org. I was afraid to get started on something new, but I actually enjoyed all of my foods today. Here is a split pea soup that I made that is very low in salicylates.

1 pound green split peas
5 cups of water
1 white onion
salt
garlic powder
organic canola oil (only use organic canola, as the conventional kind mostly likely is GMO derived)

Chop the onion and saute in some oil in a big pot
Add the water and split peas
Simmer until the peas are soft. This will take at least an hour.
You can blend the mixture if you want to. I used my hand blender right inside of the pot.
Add salt and some garlic powder.

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment