Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grain Free Wraps/Tortillas/Crackers

 
What a wonderful treat we discovered today. They were posted on this blog: http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/07/homemade-low-carb-gluten-free-wraps-you.html
I made some adjustments to meet my son's dietary needs. I'm going to have to practice making them into pretty round shapes, though! I thought that they tasted just like flour tortillas, and the best thing is that they weren't full of starchy fillers - just protein and nutrition.
So, from her recipe, I substituted garbanzo bean flour for the oat flour, and just one drop of stevia for the honey. I also used 1.5 tsp of chia seed meal instead of flax seeds, and I soaked it in a little bit of water to let it form a gel before adding into the rest of the ingredients. I also used aluminum free baking soda in place of baking powder. I added a little bit of extra salt since I decided to make them plain without adding other herbs. This is easy to make, easy to clean up, and tastes delicious! I am very impressed!
 
My son loved them so much, he could barely contain his excitement!
 
And finally, a real bean taco! I'm going to experiment making them into crackers, too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment