Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Balancing Foods

I am learning a lot right now about bringing balance to the body through food.  I have used so many different healing diets, but not a single one of them has the nutritional balance that I know is necessary for maintaining health.  So, I'm undergoing a new approach for myself right now.  This is a great book as it addresses the issue of weak acids.  I was eating so many of these - fruits, vinegar.  I think this is what really threw me off kilter.  Now that I know about how this works in the body, I feel much more empowered to heal myself more effectively.
Here is an example of a balanced meal I had today.  All organic:  Sweet potato, cooked in the crock pot, topped with coconut oil and a little sea salt.  Raw spinach salad and hard boiled egg, topped with olive oil, oregano, basil, garlic and a little sea salt.  
Lots of alkalizing foods, good and beneficial fats, and a little animal protein.  I felt really good after I ate this food.

No comments:

Post a Comment