Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grain Free Almond Flour Muffins

Wow, these were great!  I saw "were" because they didn't last very long - all three of us gobbled them up!  If my son and husband like them, then everyone will probably like them.  I was looking for a recipe for some kind of muffin that my son would like because he needs soft things to eat as he has so many loose teeth right now.  It's hard to please him with baked goods, and he doesn't really like sweet stuff.  So, these were perfect.  Here's the link to where I found them online:

http://www.janssushibar.com/savory-almond-flour-muffins-revisited/

They are savory, kind of tasting like cornbread.  I was pleased that they even taste good cold after being in the refrigerator.  The addition of a little bit of tapioca flour helps with the density of the almond flour, making it more palatable.  I didn't have any potato starch, by the way, but they were still great!  Hope your family enjoys them as well!  And a special thank you to Jan, who created the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment