Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Grain Free Coconut Flour Pancakes

I have had some pain flare ups, so I'm back to the Low Oxalate Diet.  This time I'm doing things differently than I did when I used it a few years ago.  This time I know a lot more about nutrition!  Here is my treat for this morning.  To my delight, my son loved these, too!  I found the recipe here at Wellness Mama.  Of course, mine did not turn out perfectly round or even that beautiful, but they tasted great and served their purpose!

Ingredients:
5 eggs
1 cup of applesauce
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
cinnamon to taste
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together and let sit while skillet heats up.
The batter was really thick, but they still cooked fine.  You may have to spread them out after you put them onto the skillet.  Mine did not ever bubble, but I just kept checking them and turning them when they looked ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment