Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Paleo Family Dinner - Grain Free


Just take a look at this gorgeous dinner that my mother-in-law and I prepared for our family during her visit last weekend!  High quality proteins, organic greens and veggies, and pure green smoothies and juices!  I felt so good serving this to my family!  She generously bought me this new cookbook while she was here and I have already been making creations from it like crazy!  I love it.  The food is pure and whole, the recipes are simple and they are adaptable to whatever your diet may be.

The dinner we made were the sliders (grass-fed beef) from the cookbook.  Instead of bread for the buns, we used grilled portabella mushrooms with lettuce wrapped around the outside.  I had never tasted portabellas with bison (my body doesn't do as well with beef as it does with bison) before and it was amazing, I have to say.  We grilled some peppers and onions to add to the burgers, also.  Everyone enjoyed a salad, plus a green smoothie (which is how my son always enjoys his salads!), and I had my green veggie juice.  

I so appreciate my mother-in-laws unconditional love and support of my attempts to feed my family the most health-promoting foods that I can.  She even trusted me and used coconut oil for the cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment