Eating foods that vibrate in harmony with themselves, our bodies and nature will help us to heal and to thrive.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
I made these delicious grain free cookies yesterday using coconut flour and almond flour. I based the recipe off of the one at www.spunkycoconut.com. I made these with eggs, but you can find her egg free version here:
http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2010/02/chocolate-chip-cookies-gluten-free.html
So for mine, I used Kelly's recipe with small alterations:

Mix together
12 drops Vanilla Creme liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
3 organic, free roaming eggs

Then, add
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder ( I use Kelly's corn free recipe of 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp arrowroot, and 1/4 tsp cream of tartar)
1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)

Mix all together and then drop onto parchment covered baking sheet. Flatten out spoonfuls a little bit.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes. Take out as they are browning.

I gave one to the pool repair guy who was here at the time I was making them and he loved them! These are sure to please anyone! Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment